Sunday, June 01, 2008

Miniature Booty Quilt Swap

My Miniature Booty Swap Quilt has been received by its new owner, Bronwyn, who has posted some lovely photos of it on her blog. I had a lot of fun with this quilt although it really challenged me to work outside of my usual colour scheme. This quilt had a mind of its own and certainly told me which direction it wanted to take. Originally I thought it would just be the braids but I felt it needed something to break up the blended feeling a bit more. I auditioned a number of fabrics and ended up with this stripe. Interestingly if you saw the whole piece of the stripe the other part has orange flowers which just wouldn't have worked. I also considered the same stripe in a blue but it was too strong. I am very happy with the way it finished, and I felt from what I had seen on Bronwyn's blog it would suit her. ( fingers crossed)
The picture below shows the quilt hanging. It is not quilt flat because it is actually hooked over a picture frame. I don't think this one shows the colours very well.

And here's a shot without the flash to show how I quilted it. I didn't feel it needed a lot. All the fabrics are Kaffe Fassett which I have never really used before, which is why it was out of my comfort zone. The quilting was done with pale pink perle #12 cotton.




Pop on over to see Bronwyn's flattering photos and while you are there check out the wonderful little quilt she made for the swap. As it turned out three of us had a little Australian swap within this swap and Bronwyn made hers for Serena, Serena made one for me, and mine was for Bronwyn. A lovely way to make new blog friends.
My next post will show you the beautiful quilt that Serena made for me.
Thanks girls ..... and also to Toni for hosting the swap.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Nice job. My club is getting ready to do a French braid quilt project and I hope ours turn out as well as yours has.

susan said...

lovely quilt.
were you able to sign up for dqs4?
you can follow me here, if not
thanks
nice blog

Betsy said...

That is quite nice. I like the soft color scheme.