This month the challenge involved doing a trapunto piece.It measures about 12" x 12". I'm afraid that I didn't really get a good photo here but as I had just uploaded it to the group site I thought it would be a good idea to post here at the same time. Originally I didn't really feel that I got a good definition around my 'puffy' bunnies so I stem stitched around the outline to help. That brought the design out a bit more. Another part of the challenge is to improve our free motion quilting. I am getting there but would like to get a more even arrangement.
I used one of my favourite fabrics this time - it's a Lakehouse fabric with embossed spots. It's one of those fabrics you just want to use in everything. When it came to the binding I wasn't sure and then I remembered that I had both the pink and blue Lakehouse rabbit fabric which also has embossing as well. I had enough to do the binding in either colour but I decided to do it scrappy. Unfortunately you can't see much of the bunnies in the binding.
The idea each month is to challenge us to try new ideas. While I don't always love the task at hand it certainly is achieving the goal of pushing me outside of my comfort zone.