Monday, June 11, 2007

Thinking ahead...


I wonder if maybe I have been using the wrong thinking about a sewing area. I have been using the dining room table which usually ends up with my back hurting because it ends up being too high and I don't adjust by getting a better chair. Also it does cause friction having the machine set up on the table. With a family of 6 we need our table space. But I think maybe I was being negative and not really trying to solve the problem.
Then Susan put a comment on my blog saying -I'll wish for you to have a dedicated sewing corner as soon as possible. =) . This was really sweet and I thought if Susan wished this for me then it couldn't be too hard for me to wish for it too. Now storage space isn't a problem - so I don't need a big table/cupboard to keep everything in. I just need a place to have my sewing machine set up. I do have a small space I can use close to power points - it is a bit dark but I have an Ottlight which I can use as well. I thought about sewing cabinets but I don't really have the room to expand them out. So I have decided that maybe I could get a SewEzi table. It would have the advantage that if I did need to put everything away in the event of someone staying over or visitors that I could still do that.
So before I actually order it I was just wondering if there is anyone out there with opinions about these tables.
Thanks in advance....

8 comments:

Diana said...

I don't have one of those tables, but I will tell you that having a space to work in where you don't have to constantly pick up and put things away is heaven!

Pam said...

I bet if you had a little spot where the machine is set up and ready to go you would be able to do a lot more sewing. You would really like it thats for sure.

jovaliquilts said...

I don't have a SewEzi table, but there was a discussion of it on a list I am on. People seemed pretty happy with it. I think it would be better than having to use your table! Good luck making a decision.
Cheri

Chookyblue...... said...

don't know about he tables but it would be great for you to have a little spot to leave your machine set up..........

Wendy said...

You really need to have a place for your sewing machine, it will be the best for the whole family. I don't have one of those tables but at my last retreat, 2 ladies brought them and they seemed really useful. They could save their table space for cutting and have the SewEzi for their machines. Seemed like it work well.
Good luck.

Susan said...

It has the advantage of giving you a larger flat area for quilting. I had a long narrow card table in my house, and I set up my FW on it. I think this is probably better, because of the flat top, but won't take any more room. Is there somewhere you can see it and touch it, or do you have to order it online? Is it sturdy enough not to wiggle overly much when you get going fast?

I'm so happy you are going to make a spot for you! You deserve it.

Shelina said...

I don't have one of those tables either! Sometimes I get so used to accomodating for something, that I forget that I should be looking to fix the problem. You've got a smart idea to create your own sewing corner. I wish you the best. My sewing machine is set on the dining room table, but I keep it up all the time, so I can sew a little bit each day.

mckie2 said...

I've used a small computer table on wheels that I could just pull up to my chair when I wanted to sew and push off to the side when it wasn't needed. Sometimes I'd push it into another room if company was coming and I didn't want to put everything away.

The down side to the computer table was the sewing machine was not set in to it so there was a flat sewing surface.

That little table looks like a good idea. Maybe you can put wheels on it. :-)