I really thought I was a successful stashbuster. But I find out I need to work more on this principle. I am doing well at low buying ( not quite NO yet) and I am working on the UFOs - these things are all positives but letting go is a difficult thing.
How did I get to this discovery? Well, Colly needed new sheets for rest time at school. We had perfectly good sheets which have been used over the years but they are for small stretcher beds and now they are using mattresses (a bit like yoga mattresses). They are longer and less wide so I though I would just adjust by putting a fancy strip on the top and cutting the sides down. So Colly and I go to investigate the stash...... and found a frog fabric that he wanted. I showed him how I would put the strip at the top. This was not an option in his opinion - he wanted the whole sheet made out of the frog fabric!
Now this where I started to hyperventilate - and where I realised that I have a problem. I didn't have anything planned for this fabric but I still didn't want to let it go. Then it hit me, Colly will use this fabric five days a week for the rest of the year, if I left it in my cupboard it would still be there at the end of the year. So I gave myself a strict talking to and agreed to do it. Maybe this is my first step on controlling my stash, and getting my priorities right.
And here's the end result...
P.S. I still have a little bit left so I can put in in a scrap quilt some day.