Friday, July 01, 2011

getting back into things....

I've been away from my blog for a while, as well as having a quick trip from home. Can you guess where I went? There are some clues on other blogs but here's another one.... It's part of the skyline of Sydney with my son's favourite animal at Taronga Park Zoo. ( I think giraffes might be one of my favourites as well)

Our holiday started out just being a trip for me to go to the Craft Fair in Sydney but somehow it ended up being a family holiday as well with general sight seeing.

I had a great time meeting up with lots of friends I have met through blogging and also from my trips to Nundle the past three years. We had a meet up during the day and some of us who were staying overnight went out for dinner. It was such good fun.
Here we are at dinner - Lyn, Maree, Alison, Sandy,Leah, Chookyblue and Anita.( Check our what they got up to at the show.)You can see more bloggy friends on Chookyblue's blog. I didn't have my camera with me at the show itself so I missed photos while I was there.



Keeping in mind that I had to travel home by plane with a luggage allowance I had to be careful with what I bought. ( of course it has nothing to do with the amount of money I spent.) One thing I like to do when I go to a craft show is make a little something at the workshops. This time I went to one by Marg Low where we made the little Birdie Trinket. We got most of it done at the show - I finished the last little bit of stitching when I got home. It's really cute and Marg had done a fantastic job of putting the kits together - there was everything we needed. I also got two other of Marg's patterns/kits and can't wait to make those up. I also got some books and patterns. Of course the books had to be signed. I had fun at Anni Downs' stall - she had a lovely display and I also got some of the felt fabric packs so that I will actually get around to finishing some of the patterns I have previously bought.
And there were othe little things too - some more hexagons for my hexagon quilt, some Japanese purse kits and some socks to make some sock monkeys from. At the time of the bloggers meet up I had only bought two fat quarters - but I made up for it later on.
It was lots of fun. Will I go again next year? I don't know yet but it would be great if I could.

5 comments:

Anita said...

Love all your goodies from the show! Glad you got to the zoo...wasn't the weather fantastic!

Chookyblue...... said...

glad to see you got some more shopping in after the meet......glad the holiday went well and lets hope we can both get there again next year.........

Googy Girl said...

it s great that you made it to the zoo.....i think giraffee s would have to be up there with my favourite animals as well.....

your shopping looks great, gee that love heart pattern was popular

happy stitching

Shiralee Stitches said...

So good to catch up with you......it was perfect weather in Sydney for the weekend and it looks like your day at the zoo was lovely....great pose from the giraffe.......I love your shopping stash...I bet you used up all your baggage allowance like I did!!!!!

Teresa said...

Looks like a fun time and lots of nice shopping goodies. Love your Christmas stitched blocks and can't wait to see more.