Tuesday, November 02, 2010

aww, sweet...


Well, I have to eat my words because he did cross the road (see previous post) and buy me a little present. I got three fat quarters. They are nothing like I would have chosen and he tells me he liked the reproduction quilts, which is an area I haven't even ventured into.
The fabric on the left is actually brown, I have no idea why it looks purple. I think I will keep them together and make a runner for Christmas, and I think I even have the pattern to suit. Actually I am looking forward to the challenge of making something out of this.
I guess he's a keeper.

5 comments:

Cardygirl said...

What a brave man...he battled flooding rains to buy you fabric!

Aunty said...

Isn't that sweet that he actually went into the shop. Can't wait to see what you make with the fabrics. I love Reproduction Fabrics.

Anonymous said...

Awww..... do you think he was winding you up before????!!!! Something my husband would do! Even if it's not fabric you would have chosen.... at least he thought about buying something special for you!! Lots of brownie points to Mr Bettsy!

Teresa said...

Pretty fabrics - I wonder if he picked them out himself. And he cooks and does laundry and maybe sings to you too? Definitely a keeper.

Bec said...

He has done pretty well, you can put the three FQs together which is good. Must have been intimidating for him; if I had to go into a tool shop to purchase something non-specific for dh it would be difficult.
Rather teasing/not nice of him to send the quilt shop photo, but he came through in the end! From now on it is fine tuning, LOL!