Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Jelly Roll Quilt Along....


There has been quite a lot of talk on blogs about the wonderful time we had in Nundle at the Girl's Day in the Country. I will post about it next time because I want to get this out of the way first.

I decided to join in on the Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt Along and this is my first block. It had been ironed but I packed it away in the box with all the other fabric and it got a bit squashed. But I needed to photograph it to get it into the Flicker pool before the next one was released so it looks creased. I'll be a little bit more careful next time. The fabric is Fig and Plum and I got the jelly roll in a Moda scrap bag back when they were bigger than they are now. It isn't my favourite but I am sure that it will turn out very pretty when it is done. The other thing was that I had some yardage in my stash so I am shopping from my stash as well for the borders and backing. Perfect!
Lots of people have been joining in and it is fantastic to see the variety of blocks due to different fabrics. I am enjoying this one a lot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Lynda, look forward to seeing more.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love your choice of fabrics Lynda...looks good.