Sunday, October 11, 2009

Two photos of the same thing....

I have mentioned The BQL (Britsih Quilt List Yahoo group) Challenge before and I realise that I haven't posted my little quilts each month. I must catch up on that but for now here is my quilt for October. The focus is the folded fabric pinwheels. Now, I am not really a pink person but these fabrics just seemed to want to all go together and it was fun and quick to make.
I took this photo on my back deck, I like the rustic look of the boards.


I then walked in the door, put the little quilt down on my dining room table and took this photo.

There in only a minute or so between taking these and really only about two metres between the two spots where the photos were taken. But they both have a very different look due to the light. I like them both - I like the background roses showing in the first one and I like how the quilting shows up in the second. I just couldn't decide which photo to use.....

4 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

it is amazing the difference with the light..........you see different things in each photo.......nice work........

Teresa said...

Nice quilt and interesting pictures. I really like that pinwheel and you are right, it looks so nice with the rose background.

Marina said...

ciao cara,
bellissime le tue girandole!!!
ciao Marina

Bec said...

What an amazing effect the 3D pinwheel gives! It's fantastic! and the photos, I get the same thing then find it hard to choose one to blog! Thanks for showing both.