Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Pincushion swap....

I think that with this post I will have finally caught up on all the swap news. I love being in the swaps but I find that it means that I have much less time to do things for myself. So for a little while ( until the Christmas swaps) I will be trying to catch up on some of the projects I have here which seem to have been here for a while waiting to be done.

I participated in a pincushion swap run by Sandra. Here's what Rose sent - you can see that customs decided to have a peek too - but all the contents were safe.
Here's the cute little bee and its garden (oops the wing got a bit bent) It's such a happy little bee - I hope that it likes the weather over here. Rose chose this theme because she is from Utah which I have learned is called the beehive state. And she also had two broken arms - I hope they are both healed okay now Rose. There were also some sweets to try - Bit-O-Honey, which of course would come with a bee, and some Pixi Stix which my kids enjoyed as well. Thank you so much Rose.

And here's what I sent to Nadine. This Pattern is from Melly and Me called Handbag Addiction.
One bag is the pincushion and one bag is a needle case.



I originally got a kit for these so I made mine first to work out the pattern and then made the ones for Nadine. I have to say I didn't find this the easiest pattern so I am glad that I made mine first because I certainly found it easier the second time.




Thanks for a fun swap, Sandra.


4 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

very nice.........lucky your in the SSCS.........

Anonymous said...

They look nice! Well done. Not much fun if they didn't go together quite like you hoped... the first time! Always good to have a test run!

Rose said...

I love the pincushions that you made. I hope you are enjoying the one I made as much as the one I received. It was also from Australia. Who knew there were so many talented people down there.

Bec said...

Very very nice. and glad to hear the handbag addiction pincushion is easier to make second time round. It is gorgeous in the pink and brown - love it!